It’s that time everyone! Time for everyone interested in being a voice actor for the Good Morning Zakera Ward project to audition!
For those that didn’t see the recruiting post: Good Morning Zakera Ward is a fanmade Mass Effect podcast of a radio show set in Zakera Ward on the Citadel. Our two hosts, Suraya and Jorik, give us the news, entertainment, and friendly banter while relationship expert Asaramore gives the viewers love advice or the music of all the races gets showcased on the show.
Now, then, for the auditions!
IF YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR AN ALIEN CHARACTER, DO NOT EDIT YOUR OWN VOICE. THAT IS SOMETHING THE AUDITIONERS WILL BE DOING. THANK YOU.
- The female human cohost for Good Morning Zakera Ward. A spunky and energetic type who can be a bit too blunt at times. Looking for young voices.
- Please record these lines: Suraya: “Gooood morning Zakera Ward!”
- Suraya: “He’s a loose cannon squid that doesn’t play by the rules!”
Jorick: “I’m fairly certain that’s speciesist.”
Suraya: (takes deep breath to calm down) “You know what, Jorick? This one doesn’t have time for your solid waste excretions.”
- Suraya: (cutting off Neurotic Salarian Caller) “Aww, thanks. That was nice, wasn’t it Jorick?”
Jorick: “It was. It is comforting to know that our listeners find our bickering entertaining.”
Suraya: “Bickering? But that’s how I show that we care, Jorick. Because we’re frieeends.”
- The turian male cohost for Good Morning Zakera Ward. A rather dry type, somewhat clueless about popular and social culture but good natured. (Think Castiel from Supernatural, except not emotionless). Looking for young voices.
- Please record these lines: Suraya: “Alright, yeah, that’s enough about that. Although, since we’re talking about movies, you know what I finally saw last night?”
Jorick: “There is no ‘night’ in the Wards; only the Presidium has an artificial day-and-night cycle.”
Suraya: “Fine. You know what I finally saw a few hours ago? That ‘Blasto’ movie that everyone keeps talking about.”
Jorick: “Ah, yes, Blasto. An alleged ‘hero’ amongst the hanar.” (sarcastic)
- Jorick: “Are you referring to that tiny red 2178 Nezo coupé that you’re still driving around?”
Suraya: “Hey, it still works, doesn’t it? It’s not that old.”
Jorick: “It’s so small. I can barely fit in it. And it’s such a female-oriented car.”
Suraya: “I AM a female, Jorick.”
Jorick: “Well, your car is tiny, slow, and inefficient.”
- The asari relationship expert on GMZW. Mature, compassionate, and helpful, a matriarch. Looking for a sultury, mature voice.
- Please record these lines: AA: “And if you’re a human male – stay in shape, and be confident when you approach a woman. And try to be interesting, too.”
AA: “But, you wanna know a secret? Something that will work on any gender, of nearly any species? If you wanna meet, talk to, and possibly get with a male turian, or an asari, or a female human: just go up to them and talk to them. Talk to them as if they’re just regular people, because, guess what: they are.”
- The male volus owner of the 31.4 EM radio station. Stingy, always looking for ways for the show to make him more money. Looking for an older voice.
- Please record these lines: Mr. Rak: “We didn’t ‘agree’ on anything – you told me to air it next week, and I said no because the Consort paid more to have it aired today, so I aired it. Today. If you wanted me to hold it off until next week, you should’ve paid me the same amount of credits that the Consort did.”
- Mr. Rak’s daughter. Full of herself, stereotypical rich daddy’s girl. Looking for a younger female voice.
- Please record these lines: Gem: “Well, Suraya. Since my dad pays your bills, I totally can. But, I feel a little sorry for you. Because I can tell by your car that he’s not paying you, like, anything. I don’t even want to imagine what your apartment looks like. Do you even have a bed or do you just have one of those weird human bed-couch things? Why do humans even have those? That’s, like, the top of ugly. Please tell me you don’t have one of those weird human couch-bed things.”
- Various male and female singers. Looking for many different voices.
- Please record a short 30 second sample of your singing, showing your range.
- Various male and female voices. Looking for all different ages and voice types.
- Neurotic Salarian Caller; Jorik’s 6-10 year old little Asari sister; condescending Turian C-Sec officer; other various characters
- Please record a short 30 second sample of your voice, giving us a good idea of your emotional range.
All submissions must be in MP3 format. If submissions are NOT in MP3 format, they will NOT be listened to. If you are auditioning for multiple roles, please keep the files separate. Please label the files like so: ‘LastnameRolename’. Send all auditions to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest, and good luck!
27 50 69 :)
- 27:Are you listening to music right now?
Actually no, all I hear is Tali’s purring. :)
- 50:Are you a good artist?
Damn, I wish. Only artistic thing I can do decently is writing.
- 69:Will next Friday be a good one?
Tomorrow? I don’t know yet. It’s my laundry day though. :D
35, 40 :)
- 35: Are there any stressful situations in your life?
Oh honey, sometimes my whole life is a stressful situation. Having been born with a wonky nervous system doesn’t exactly make life a carefree experience. But at the moment? Job hunting. ‘Nuff said, methinks.
Mmmmaybe? It depends if I’ll feel like it.
everyone scrolling down their dash (via samsangel)
Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette?
Are you single/taken/heartbroken/confused?
What if I told you that you were pretty?
Ever been told “it’s not you, it’s me”?
Are you interested in anyone right now?
What are you looking forward to in the next week?
Do you want to be single?
Did you go out or stay in last night?
How late did you stay up last night?
Can you recall the last time you realized you liked someone a lot?
Last three things you had to drink?
Have you pretended to like someone?
Have you ever told somebody you loved them and not actually meant it?
Honestly, has anyone seen you in your underwear in the past 3 months?
Is it hard for you to get over someone?
Think back five months ago, were you single?
What were you doing at 12:30 this afternoon?
Hold hands with anyone this week?
Could you go for the rest of your life without drinking alcohol?
What would you name your future daughter?
Do you miss anyone?
Have you kissed three or more people in one night?
Did your last kiss take place in/on a bed?
Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Have you ever cried from being so mad?
Who did you last see in person?
Are you listening to music right now?
What is something you currently want right now?
What is the last thing you said out lot?
How is your heart lately?
Do you wear the hood on your hoodie?
Are you wearing socks?
What do people call you?
Will you talk to the person you like tonight?
Are there any stressful situations in your life?
Who did you last share a bed with?
Did you do something bad today?
When was the last time a member of the opposite sex hugged you?
Do you get stressed out easily?
Will you sing today?
Have you ever wanted to tell someone something but didn’t?
Who do you go to when you need to talk to someone?
Have you ever been taken to the emergency room in an ambulance?
What are you listening to right now?
What is wrong with you right now?
What is on your wrists right now?
Where did you get the shirt/sweatshirt you’re wearing?
What do you like better: hot chocolate or hot apple cider?
Do you make wishes at 11:11?
Are you a good artist?
Love really is a beautiful thing huh?
Do you miss the way things were six months ago?
Ever been on a golf cart?
Do you have trust issues?
Ever stayed up all night on the phone, with who?
Do you own something from Hot Topic?
Do you use chap stick?
Have you ever slapped someone in the face?
Do you have a little sister?
Have you ever been to New York?
Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
Have you hugged someone within the last week?
What were you doing at midnight last night?
Have you ever regretted kissing someone?
Is there one person in your life that can always make you smile?
Were your last three kisses from the same person?
Have you kissed anyone in the last five days?
Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
Will next Friday be a good one?
Ugh. I need to update my profile. And probably get a new theme as well.
i wanna get super rich so i can do cool stuff like tip waiters $1000 or pay off people’s student loans for fun
Everyone seems so worried about Samara’s boobs, Traynor’s lingerie and Shepard’s dress because it’s all sooo sexist and gross etc etc but why nobody talks about Jack? She’s almost naked damn it. Personally I feel quite uncomfortable about it.
Jack’s attire is reminiscent of how she would dress, they could have given her clothes but I think the main reason they picked this design is to show off her tattoos which comes up in conversation often enough, as well as her scars. She literally wears her heart on her sleeve, and not only that, unlike any other clothing which (normally does not suit the character’s personality) her topless-ness is surprisingly not sexual.
Look at Miranda, she is FULLY CLOTHED she does not even have a plunging neckline, though there’s some physics not working on her butt’s wedgie but she is fully dressed in a way that is meant to be sexy, its tight and showing off all her curves. Jack has boobs and curves but that’s not what’s high-lighted in her costume, her breasts are even compressed to look smaller (like a topless binder), unlike say.. the Desire demons in Dragon Age which wear as much as Jack but are sexualized.
Jack’s toplessness isn’t ‘look at my boobies you could probably touch them’ its ‘I don’t give a fuck about clothes or if you look, but see these tattoos and scars? yeah i’ll fuck you up if you touch me without my consent’
[ex: personally I think they should have gone with the middle one as it has the same bad-ass attitude and shows tattoos but doesn’t show her naked]
Her concept art was more clothed, and personally I like them, but as I said the only reason to pick her final is that her scars and tattoos were part of conversations and show her character, her nakedness is fitting of her character.
However a lot of her art concepts have more sexualized costumes.
[ex: 1,2,3,4,5,: are more sexualized than her final even though they have more clothes]
[ex: 2,3,4,5,: are more sexualized than her final even though they have more clothes]
It’s a fashion thing, you can be fully clothed and be more sexualized by a naked person.
Right? :D Made me feel super old, though. I think I’m starting to understand my mother, being sort of stuck in ’70s music, a bit better now.
dwarf inquisitors with no prior connection to the fade being told they were seen walking out of it
dwarf inquisitors unfamiliar with and possibly distrustful of magic finding themselves suddenly endowed with arcane powers
dwarf inquisitors working tirelessly to repair a sky they’ve never quite been used to looking at
dwarf inquisitors (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
french life ruiners: fanny valette, bérénice bejo, nora arnezeder, aïssa maïga, sarah kazemy, eva green, mylene jampanoi, louise bourgoin